Monday, April 9, 2012

3D-Printer!


This video is promoting a ground breaking new type of printer that is being brought into the world by the amazing technology we now obtain. Unlike any ordinary printer, this is called a 3D printer. While most printers print off papers for various different types of things, this actually prints out real live three-dimensional objects. This sounds crazy, but it’s completely true! Shoes, clothes, any type of object can actually be made right in the comfort of your home. I remember when I was young; I always pictured a futuristic society with something like this. I never really thought I would be only 18 years old when something as brilliant as this was invented. It creates objects layer, by layer until it reaches it’s final product. For the amazing things this new printer does, I believe they are charging a reasonable price of 1,300. I was expecting it to be more expensive then this, so at some point in the future I definitely plan to purchase one of these. Within nearly a few weeks this will be available for people to buy. I feel as though this is really showing how far we have come with technology. The fact that we can actually use this in our own homes leaves me speechless.  This is a great investment for anyone, because it can show creativity, as well as convenience. This new amazing product will have so many benefits, because it will be convenient for people to just create what they want in their own homes. For elderly people who struggle just to drive to the store, this could be a great way for them to get what they need without the hassle of driving.  The only question I wonder, is will the printer somehow take over stores, and the economy? Will stores be losing money, because people will be using this? I also wonder if there will be any limits on what you can create, and how long the battery, or the ink lasts until you have to replace it. I almost think there has to be some sort of catch or complications. It sounds nearly perfect, and unrealistic to add this to society! Hopefully this is a great success, and I can’t wait to see what else the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment